Do you like Mexican cuisine and miss the specialties of your favorite restaurant? You can also cook great authentic food at home from commonly available ingredients. Try the recipe for traditional burritos the way you like them – really spicy and full of Mexican flavors.
We will need:
– 50 g of rice
– 1 onion
– 200 g of ground beef
– 1 can of sterilized tomato slices
– 2 chili peppers
– 100 g of sterilized red beans
– 100 g of sterilized corn
– ground black pepper
– 4 omelettes
– 200 ml of sour cream
– 200 g of hard cheese
You may be interested in: Mexico, it’s not just soap operas: Enjoy its fast and nutritious delicacies
1. Fry the rice in hot oil, cover with water and cook until soft.
2. Cut the onion, fry it in oil and add the meat. Fry for a few minutes, add chopped chillies, tomatoes and boil briefly. Add beans, corn and finally cooked rice to the mixture. Season the finished filling with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread the tortillas with sour cream, sprinkle with grated cheese, cover with pieces of iceberg lettuce and spread the hot mixture on top.
4. Roll the filled tortillas and bake in an oven heated to 180 °C.
5. We eat the Mexican burrito immediately, or we pack it for work or for a trip to nature.
Housekeeper’s tip: If you don’t like chili, please leave it out, it won’t affect the taste of the result.
Discover even more interesting articles, recipes and videos!