This exclusive recipe of Italian cuisine will especially appeal to lovers of creamy desserts. You should definitely try it.
Haven’t heard of him yet? It is dessert with a capital ”D”. A delicious creamy dessert consisting of puff pastry, soft bimbo cake and vanilla cream.
Nothing will happen if you use a store-bought puff pastry for dessert, but if you dare, prepare an honest, homemade one with us. How to do it?
Homemade puff pastry
1) 200 g plain flour
2) 1 egg yolk
3) 2 tablespoons of vinegar
4) 100 ml of water
1) 100 g plain flour
2) 250 g butter
Mix all the ingredients for the strudel dough and prepare it. We will also prepare the raw materials for fat paste. Roll out the prepared strudel dough. Place fat on top, roll and fold into a square. Knead the dough and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
Roll out the rested dough and fold it again into a square. Let it rest for another 20 minutes. After aging, it is suitable for immediate use.
We have the ingredients ready, let’s start preparing the Italian delicacy.
1) 5 eggs
2) 150 g sifted plain flour
3) 1 spoon of vanilla essence
4) 150 g granulated sugar
5) A pinch of salt
6) Zest of 1 lemon
1) 250 ml milk
2) 75 g granulated sugar
3) 1 stick of vanilla
4) 3 egg yolks
5) 30 g plain flour
6) 180 ml of whipped cream
7) 20 g powdered sugar
8) 1 slice of gelatin
1) 100 ml of water
2) 20 g granulated sugar
3) 30 ml fruit liqueur (cherry, raspberry, currant) / or food coloring
We still need:
2 packages of foil
1) Cookie Dough: First, we will prepare the biscuit dough. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Place whole eggs, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, blend until frothy. Carefully mix the sifted flour with spoons, add lemon peel and a pinch of salt. Mix slowly so that the dough stays nice and fluffy.
2) Pour the prepared dough onto a baking sheet covered with baking paper and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes. Let the baked dough cool.
3) Cream: Soak the gelatin in water and let it swell.
4) In a pot, mix milk together with vanilla and egg yolks. Mix with a whisk, add sugar and flour. Let it boil and cook a thick pudding while stirring constantly. Separate, put in the gelatin, cover with foil and leave to cool.
5) Whip the whipped cream and gradually mix in powdered sugar. Mix the prepared whipping cream by hand with the vanilla cream.
6) Syrup: Heat water, granulated sugar and fruit liqueur in a small saucepan. If you want to prepare the dessert without alcohol, you can replace the liqueur with food coloring. Let the syrup boil and set aside.
7) Foliage roll to the size of the finished bimbo cake so that the layers can be stacked on top of each other. Place the rolled bun on a baking sheet, prick with a fork, dust with powdered sugar and bake until golden brown at 180 degrees. This is how we prepare both ticket ways.
8) Assemble the dessert: Place one puff pastry on a tray and spread half of the vanilla cream on it. Smooth it and place the sponge cake on it. Pour the prepared syrup well on the dough so that it is flexible.
9) Pour the other half of the vanilla cream on the sponge dough, smooth it and place the second puff pastry. Press gently so that the dessert comes together well. Dust the top with powdered sugar and serve. Bon appetit!
We collected recipes for the most delicious creamy desserts and this is the result. You will definitely choose:
Photo source: istock.com
Source text: dobruchut.sk