Without much baking, and yet irresistible. Try Veronika’s desserts and your taste buds will be delighted. Although they will have to wait a few hours for the goodies to harden well in the fridge.
CHEESE SLICES WITH FRUIT
10 PIECES, PREPARATION 40 MINUTES + MARRIAGE
• 360 g of cocoa biscuits
• 125 g of butter
For the cheese layer:
• 6 slices of gelatin
• 500 g of fat soft cottage cheese
• 100 ml of whipping cream + 2 tbsp
• 100 g of powdered sugar
• rind of one lemon
For the fruit layer:
• 300 g of frozen fruit mix
• 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
• 6 slices of gelatin
• 250 g of whipped cream
• 180 g of sour cream
• 50 g of powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Line the bottom of a cake tin with a diameter of 22 cm with baking paper. Mix the biscuits, add the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of the mold with your hands or a spoon. Place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the cheese layer of the filling: Dip the gelatin slices in cold water so that they are submerged and let them swell for 10 minutes. Place cottage cheese, whipping cream, sugar, grated lemon peel in a bowl and mix well so that the mixture is smooth. Heat the gelatin slices in two tablespoons of cream until they dissolve and add them to the curd mixture. Mix well and pour over the cooled cookies. Place in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least two hours.
- Place the frozen fruit in a saucepan, add sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for about 5 minutes, so that the fruit loosens and softens. Mix the cooked fruit and puree it into a fine puree. Place the swollen gelatin slices into the still warm fruit and mix them. Be careful, the temperature of the fruit must not exceed 50 °C.
- Put both creams in a bowl, add sugar, vanilla extract and mix well. Pour the prepared fruit puree and mix again. Pour the fruit mixture and spread evenly over the cooled curd. If you have small fresh fruit, you can now arrange it on the fruit layer or gently push it inside. Return the cake to the refrigerator, where you let it stand for 3 hours, ideally overnight.
- Remove the cake from the mold and decorate with fruit before serving.