Are you preparing a garden party, a party, or will you just invite friends or relatives? We have a great tip for you.
On summer days, light snacks in a glass serve you best, which do not burden the stomach and look fantastic!
Serving appetizers, snacks or small meals in glasses has several meanings. Besides the fact that dishes served in glasses have a very aesthetic effect, they are also practical. Their popularity has increased during the pandemic, as meals served this way are significantly more hygienic and safer than when all guests eat from one bowl. Everyone has the same portion and you know how to divide the ingredients so that everyone can get away with it.
What can you put in a glass?
When it’s hot outside, there’s nothing better than a fresh, cool salad. You can try all kinds of combinations, for example arugula salad with strawberries, goat cheese and almonds, a salad of different types of vegetables that you “stick” in vinaigrette or dip at the bottom of a glass, you can even serve some. fry with a piece of fried fish in this way. Try a very simple trick – just put various ingredients that are served on cold buffet tables (ham, cheeses, grapes, tomatoes, salads, salsas…) aesthetically in a glass and decorate with vegetables or herbs.
This summer’s hit, however, will be seafood and summer soups served in wide glasses.
Bowl salad with melon and feta cheese
Although this combination of flavors may look strange at first glance, the result is lovely. It tastes great without dressing or with just a drop of balsamic vinegar. You can achieve an even more interesting result when you add a honey dressing with lime. Alternatively, dry the watermelon before grilling.
2-4 cups of fresh spinach or romaine lettuce
3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small cubes
1 medium cucumber, sliced
½ cup blueberries
½ cup blackberries
2/3 cup feta cheese
½ cup chopped fresh mint plus more for garnish
2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 fresh limes, juice
1 spoon of honey
1) Cut fruit and vegetables as needed and arrange in a large salad bowl.
2) Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, mix well. Cover with the dressing and mix again – pour into glasses. Garnish the top with mint leaves.
Vegetable cups with dip
A simple vegetarian appetizer with crunchy vegetables and a thick dip. 12 portions.
1 yellow pepper, cut into slices
1 orange pepper, cut into slices
3 stalks of celery, cut into sticks
2 cups sugar snap peas
120 g of cherry tomatoes
12 clear party cups
12 wooden toothpicks
For the dip:
200 ml Greek yogurt
spices to taste
herbs to taste
a few drops of lemon juice
grated garlic to taste
Prepare the dip by mixing all the ingredients. Spread it evenly on the bottom of all the glasses. After that, it is enough to put the chopped vegetables evenly in them. Stick the cherry tomatoes on the glass with toothpicks and garnish with fresh herbs.
Shrimp cocktail with avocado and dressing
A healthy snack with a touch of the sea. You will make 6 portions from this amount.
300g of boiled and drained peeled prawns
2 ripe medium avocados
juice of 1 lemon
85 g of mixed salad leaves
6 large cooked prawns
1 lemon cut into 6 rounds
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the clothing:
8 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
4 tablespoons whipping or cooking cream
6 tablespoons of ketchup
2 tablespoons of banana cream
1½ tablespoons of tomato puree
juice of ½ lemon
a pinch of sugar
1) To prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix the peeled shrimps into it.
2) Peel the avocado and cut it into small cubes, add lemon juice and season with pepper.
3) Divide the leafy salad into 6 glasses, place the avocado on top. Add the dressing and garnish each glass with a king prawn.
4) Serve with a small piece of lemon, brown bread and butter.
Watermelon gazpacho in a glass
Watermelon gazpacho is extremely refreshing, but remember that it must be served fresh.
4 cups diced seedless watermelons
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon of salt
1 to 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup diced ripe tomatoes
1 cup cucumber sliced, seedless
1/2 cup chopped orange or yellow pepper
3 tablespoons of chopped red onion
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of ground coriander, dill or parsley, whole sprigs for decoration
Mix 3 cups of watermelon, add lime zest and juice, salt, garlic, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper, onion, vinegar, oil, ground pepper, herbs. Stir and add remaining 1 cup sliced watermelon. Move again. Refrigerate until serving. Serve in glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of fresh herbs, if desired.
Tomato soup with grilled cheese bread
A fun appetizer to serve at parties to entertain all ages. It’s a convenient snack.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
½ large or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, grated
8 chopped basil leaves
680 grams of pureed tomatoes
¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
10 slices of bread
226 grams of grated cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1) Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Now put the basil, tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper in the pot and stir. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes.
2) Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper. close
3) Preheat the grill pan, spread the bread slices with butter on one side. Place one piece of bread butter side down and add an even layer of cheese. Place the second piece of bread, butter side up, on top of the cheese. Put the two breads joined in this way on a hot pan and fry until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown, turn to the other side and fry. Continue with the next loaf.
4) Cut the crusts and cut the grated bread and cheese into triangles.
5) Pour the tomato soup into glasses and place triangles of toasted cheese bread on top.
5 great salads made with fresh ingredients that are guaranteed to fill you up and taste even salad haters.