A wonderful dessert that requires no ingredients and is even easier to prepare.
A great sponge, cocoa paste with whipped cream is perfectly set with a good dose of honest homemade jam. If you use more acid, the taste will be really luxurious. Try our tip today for a delicious Polish dessert called Wuzetka. It is quick and you can prepare it as a cake or even slices. It is suitable for all occasions.
For the dough we need:
1) 6 eggs
2) 200 g granulated sugar
3) 200 g plain flour
4) 3 spoons of cocoa
5) 4PL lukewarm water
6) 1 tsp baking powder
7) a pinch of salt
1) 500 ml of whipped cream
2) 5 spoons of powdered sugar
3) 4 teaspoons of gelatin
We still need:
Fruit jam (sour)
100 g cooking chocolate
80 ml whipped cream
1 tablespoon of butter
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25-30 minutes
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2) Separate the yolks and whites. Beat egg whites and a pinch of salt until fluffy.
3) Sift plain flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl.
4) Put egg yolks in the second bowl, add granulated sugar and mix until foamy. Add lukewarm water spoon by spoon. Add the dry mixture and mix carefully. We will get a thicker dough, into which we carefully mix the prepared snow by hand.
5) We mix very carefully, so that the dough remains nicely fluffy.
6) Prepare a cake mold (Ø30cm), lined with baking paper and pour the dough into it. Smooth evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes.
7) Let the baked dough cool and cut it in half with a knife.
8) While the dough is cooling, prepare the whipped cream. Dissolve the gelatin in ½ cup of warm water and let it cool. Whip the cream and add powdered sugar spoon by spoon. Pour the cooled but still liquid gelatin into the cream and mix well. The whipped cream is nicely thick and holds its shape.
9) Place one layer of chocolate sponge on a tray and spread with a thick layer of fruit jam. It is ideal to use a more acidic one, for example currant cherry, orange, etc.
Tip: Instead of the jam layer, you can pour coffee, liqueur or syrup over the dough. In summer, don’t hesitate to use fresh fruit.
10) Apply all the cream to the jam layer and smooth it. Place the second layer of chocolate sponge cake on top, press down so that the cream layer is even. We smooth the sides.
11) In a water bath, melt the cooking chocolate, butter and pour in the whipped cream. Cover the entire cake with the prepared chocolate glaze and let it harden in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Before serving, garnish with cream or fruit.
Do not hesitate and join us to prepare a delicious Karpatka, dominated by a light vanilla cream:
Photo source: istock.com
Source text: dobruchut.sk